TEKAMUK TRAINING & EVENTS
JOB DESCRIPTION—ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Tekamuk Training & Events is a training, conference and event production company, wholly owned by the Mesa Grande Band of Mission Indians. The company will offer seminars, workshops, conferences, special events, trade shows and other gatherings at tribal and non-tribal locations in California and elsewhere in the U.S. Events will range from 25 to 500 attendees or more, and often will include corporate sponsors, vendor/exhibitors, dignitaries, and guest speakers.
The Administrative Assistant position is part-time (30 hrs per week), and will report to the Director of Event Services (Heidi Buss).
1. Telephone answering/reception
2. Handling of incoming/outgoing mail/packages
3. Data entry and database management
4. Assist with all aspects of event administration (marketing, registration, badges, meeting space, food and beverage, staff/speaker travel, event evaluations)
5. Recordkeeping and filing
6. Assist with bookkeeping/accounting/banking as assigned
7. Respond to customer/vendor/sponsor inquiries
8. Other duties as assigned
Travel: Occasional (10-15%), as agreed upon
Location: Mesa Grande
Wages: $12-15 hourly depending on qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least three years of relevant work experience
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Access)
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Job posting will end on 12/30/2013 – Please make resume available to the Mesa Grande Tribal Office
Mercedes Amavisca, Tribal Secretary Office: 760-782-3818 fax: 760-782-0795 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY IN HIRING. ALL RESUMES WILL BE CONSIDERED.